Request alias for helmfile-snap

Hello,

I’ve created a snap pkg called helmfile-snap , https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/helmfile-snap/ , that exposes the command helmfile .
I’d like to have an alias called helmfile that matches helmfile-snap.helmfile binary.

Thanks

Vincenzo

Using snap in the name of the package is generally discouraged since it’s redundant. If you use the name helmfile for your package, it would automatically have this alias (helmfile.helmfile -> helmfile) does your snap have many users yet? If not, the easiest solution might be to create a new package helmfile, unpublish your current package and instruct users to switch.

Unfortunately, there’s already a helmfile registered snap but not yet published.
That’s why I had to change the name and ask for an alias.
Thanks
Vincenzo

Hm, does it have contact info? What might be a possibility; if the original publisher agrees or cannot be contacted, that the ownership of the snap is transferred to you.

Are you associated with the helmfile project or are you planning on upstreaming the snap?

1 Like

As you already know, we are trying to work for a common solution :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is the status of this request? Is the transfer happening?

Ping @vdenaropapa - this request cannot proceed without the requested information.

@vdenaropapa - since we haven’t heard back, I’m removing this request from our review queue. Please feel free to get back to us at your convenience and we can reenqueue this request.