Qt app with no-system-libraries and without

@Lin-Buo-Ren

I decided to try to build application from the Qt libraries in the system.

name: managetime
version: "0.1.0"
summary: timer
description: |
    Application for time management
confinement: strict
architectures: [amd64]
grade: stable

apps:
    managetime:
        command: desktop-launch ${SNAP}/bin/projecttimer
        plugs: [home, unity7, x11, opengl, pulseaudio, wayland, network, desktop, desktop-legacy]
        environment:
            DISABLE_WAYLAND: 1
parts:
    managetime:
        plugin: cmake
        configflags:
        - -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
        - -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
        build-packages:
            - qttools5-dev
            - build-essential
            - qtdeclarative5-dev
            - libqt5svg5-dev
            - qttools5-dev-tools
            - libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev
            - libgles2-mesa-dev
            - qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
        stage-packages:
            - libqt5widgets5
            - libqt5qml5
            - libqt5quick5
            - libqt5quickwidgets5
            - libqt5quickcontrols2-5
            - qml-module-qtquick-controls2
            - qtwayland5
            - libgl1-mesa-dev
            - libgl1-mesa-dri
            - libgl1-mesa-glx
            - libxkbcommon0
        stage:
            - -usr/share/pkgconfig
        after: [desktop-qt5]

And it seems like the application is compiled, but I see an error.
I can not understand what she points

-- Build files have been written to: /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/parts/managetime/build
make -j12
Scanning dependencies of target projecttimer_autogen
[  6%] Automatic MOC and RCC for target projecttimer
[  6%] Built target projecttimer_autogen
[ 13%] Generating qrc_image.cpp
[ 20%] Generating qrc_translations.cpp
[ 26%] Generating qrc_audio.cpp
[ 33%] Generating qrc_qml.cpp
Scanning dependencies of target projecttimer
[ 40%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/Sources/qmltranslator.cpp.o
[ 46%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/Sources/circletimer.cpp.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/Sources/SystemTray.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/qrc_translations.cpp.o
[ 66%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/qrc_qml.cpp.o
[ 73%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/main.cpp.o
[ 80%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/qrc_image.cpp.o
[ 86%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/qrc_audio.cpp.o
[ 93%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/projecttimer.dir/projecttimer_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o
[100%] Linking CXX executable projecttimer
[100%] Built target projecttimer
make install DESTDIR=/media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/parts/managetime/install
make: *** There is no rule for assembly purpose «install».  stop.
Failed to run 'make install DESTDIR=/media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/parts/managetime/install' for 'managetime': Exited with code 2.
Verify that the part is using the correct parameters and try again.

And I wonder what if I use the qmake, I see another type of error.

Priming desktop-qt5 
Files from the build host were migrated into the snap to satisfy dependencies that would otherwise not be met. This feature will be removed in a future release. If these libraries are needed in the final snap, ensure that the following are either satisfied by a stage-packages entry or through a part:
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXcursor.so.1
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXinerama.so.1
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXrandr.so.2
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libatk-1.0.so.0
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
The linker version '2.23' used by the base 'core' is incompatible with files in this snap:
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0.8.7 (2.25)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1.6.7 (2.25)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i915_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/i965_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/kms_swrast_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/nouveau_vieux_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r200_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r300_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/r600_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeon_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/radeonsi_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/virtio_gpu_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/vmwgfx_dri.so (2.27)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5.11.2 (2.25)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpatw.so.1.6.7 (2.25)
    /media/free/Projects_SCV/projecttimer/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libxshmfence.so.1.0.0 (2.27)

Have you tried using snapcraft cleanbuild? This will build your code in a container with the correct library versions, which should avoid the “linker version” errors you mentioned.

Yes, I tried to pack this way. I see very strange errors:
At the beginning of the assembly it cursed that he could not find such packages:
- qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
- libqt5quickcontrols2-5

Next error

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5QuickControls2.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by
  "Qt5QuickControls2", but CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5QuickControls2"
  with any of the following names:

Qt5QuickControls2Config.cmake
    qt5quickcontrols2-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5QuickControls2" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "Qt5QuickControls2_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
  files.  If "Qt5QuickControls2" provides a separate development package or
  SDK, be sure it has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/root/build_managetime/parts/managetime/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
Failed to run 'cmake /root/build_managetime/parts/managetime/src -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX= -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/media/free/Qt/5.11.0/gcc_64/lib/cmake/' for 'managetime': Exited with code 1.
Verify that the part is using the correct parameters and try again.                                                                                                                                                                                
Error: not found

Why when I just want to make a package through cmake, then everything is fine, all the packages are seen, the application is being build, and then through snapcraft it cannot see something?

When you run snapcraft cleanbuild, your snap is built in a minimal container. So if your project doesn’t declare its dependencies, you can get problems like this.

The desktop-qt5 makes sure enough is installed for a Qt5GUI program, but doesn’t ensure the full QML stack is available. So you’ll probably need to manually pull in a few extra packages via build-packages and stage-packages.

My guess is that you’d want:

build-packages:
 - qtdeclarative5-dev
 - qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
stage-packages:
 - libqt5quickcontrols2-5

I have already shown how the snapcraft.yaml file looks.
If I try to build a package like this, I get a strange error:

Downloading parts list|                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Could not find a required package in 'build-packages': qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
Error: not found
Stopping local:snapcraft-nicely-amused-martin
An error occurred when trying to copy files using 'lxd': returned exit code 1.

Please ensure the package is in the Ubuntu Packages Search and is in the Ubuntu release you’re targeting.

Yes, this file is exists in the repository Ubuntu 18.04. I use KDE Neon 5.14, and it is also exists too.

you need to use package names that exist in Ubuntu 16.04.

Ubuntu 16.04 don’t have package qtquickcontrols2-5-dev, only qtquick1-5-dev
But I use in my app quickcontrols2. I need this particular package. Ubuntu 16.04 useless to me.

I have seen some people have success by building on KDE Neon 16.04 which has newer Qt libraries from the KDE Neon repositories. Perhaps you could try that.

You understand what I need to do to do this?) I need to find the KDE Neon iso before switching to 18.04 and install another system). This is something very stupid.

There are 2 solutions to the problem,
1: to understand why at 18.04 I can not build a snap with the necessary packages that are present in the system.
2: build the application separately and collect package with the necessary dependencies.
In the second case, I did almost everything, but there is some kind of dependence that I could not solve.
I wrote about this a little higher in history.

It was merely one option I offered.

You can actually build on 18.04 too. Using snapcraft 3.0 from the candidate channel, and specifying base: core18 in your snapcraft.yaml

Thanks for the option. I will try, suddenly it will help solve the problem.
Although I prefer the second version of the package build solution that I described)

When I tried to assemble a package, some new errors appeared.
This is due to some sort of change?

snapcraft 
Launching a VM.
'multipass' command not found: this command is necessary to build in this environment.
Install 'multipass' or if already installed, ensure it is on the system PATH, and try again.                                                                                                                                                       

snapcraft cleanbuild      
Usage: snapcraft [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...

Error: No such command "cleanbuild".

Multipass is a separate project which Snapcraft 3.0 uses when there is a base keyword specified in the snapcraft.yaml. You can get Multipass as a snap from the beta channel.

Ok, I installed this multipass. But it did not help me. The error is the same.

snapcraft cleanbuild 
Usage: snapcraft [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...

Error: No such command "cleanbuild".

Now it looks like a snapcraft.yaml

name: managetime
version: "0.1.0"
summary: timer
description: |
    Application for time management
confinement: strict
architectures: [amd64]
grade: stable
base: core18

apps:
    managetime:
        command: desktop-launch ${SNAP}/bin/projecttimer
        plugs: [home, unity7, x11, opengl, pulseaudio, wayland, network, desktop, desktop-legacy]
        environment:
            DISABLE_WAYLAND: 1
parts:
    managetime:
        plugin: cmake
        configflags:
            - -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
            - -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
            - -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/media/free/Qt/5.11.0/gcc_64/lib/cmake/
        build-packages:
            - qttools5-dev
            - build-essential
            - qtdeclarative5-dev
            - libqt5svg5-dev
            - qttools5-dev-tools
            - libqt5xmlpatterns5-dev
            - libgles2-mesa-dev
            - qtquickcontrols2-5-dev
        stage-packages:
            - libqt5widgets5
            - libqt5qml5
            - libqt5quick5
            - libqt5quickwidgets5
            - libqt5quickcontrols2-5
            - qtwayland5
            - libgl1-mesa-dev
            - libgl1-mesa-dri
            - libgl1-mesa-glx
            - libxkbcommon0
        stage:
            - -usr/share/pkgconfig

You have an outdated distribution of Snapcraft. Please ensure you have enable the *-updates pocket of the Ubuntu software sources, refresh the APT local package cache and install all system updates.

I noticed that if specified in snapcraft.yaml base: core18 then this error appears.