PyQt5 on Raspberry: locale problem

I fail with python Qt application usign PyQt5 over Mir for Raspberry Pi 3. This is console message:
encept@localhost:~$ mir-client.mir-client-test
Loading module: ‘libubuntu_application_api_desktop_mirclient.so.3.0.0’
pci id for fd 10: 1b36:0100, driver (null)
xkbcommon: ERROR: couldn’t find a Compose file for locale “C.UTF-8”
ubuntumirclient: Failed to connect to ContentsChanged signal form the D-Bus system clipboard.

I really don’t know what to do with locale now. Ubuntu Core 16 has the only locale “C.UTF-8” and it is impossible to add new (right?). And xkbcommon does not know “C.UTF-8”, may be it is possible to add suport?

take a look at line 7-21 in this wrapper script:

and line 20-22 of the corresponding snapcaft.yaml http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ogra/+junk/nethack/view/head:/snapcraft.yaml

with this you should be able to get around the locale issues (though it seems there is a more fatal error regarding dbus for which you might need to consult the mir guys …)

I think ogra has addressed the problem with locale.

I’m not sure of the dbus issue. It looks like something related to the clipboard support in qtubuntu. I don’t see it with the mir-kiosk-apps demos, but perhaps they do something differently to your application. Can you perhaps disable clipboard support to confirm this is the issue?

I can speculate that clipboard support is something that might have broken when we dropped the “stable phone overlay”, but I really need to check with someone that knows this code better.

Did you see any DENIED messages in the syslog?

Maybe Debugging confined apps can be of help?

Have you tried with --devmode?

It might also be related to bug #1469819 in qtubuntu.

Thank you for answer!
Locale seems to be changed, but there is still a problem with xkbcommon:

xkbcommon: ERROR: couldn’t find a Compose file for locale “en_US.UTF-8”

from “man 5 compose”:

The compose file is searched for in  the following order:

-      If the environment variable $XCOMPOSEFILE is set, its value is used as the name of the Compose file.

so you should be able to do something like:

export XCOMPOSEFILE=$SNAP/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose

at the top of your wrapper script … and put libx11-data (which ships this file normally) into your stage packages in snapcraft.yaml …

Thanks, it works!
And now it is time to deal with D-Bus…