Problems with zoom snap

I installed zoom via snap. In my intel laptop with integrated videocamera it works fine, but in my desktop, with dedicated Nvidia graphics and external USB camera it fails to start with:

ld.so: object '/var/lib/snapd/lib/gl/libOpenGL.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Also, there are a lot of complains in the Ubuntu Software about not being able to use the videocamera with this version of Zoom. I guess they don’t know that they need to give zoom the proper permission. I think that the sandbox is great, specially with Zoom’s reputation, but maybe the camera camera permission should be enabled by default.

I believe this is a known issue that @ogra is working on

1 Like

There is a known issue with nvidia 4XX drivers that i have not been able to track down yet https://github.com/ogra1/zoom-snap/issues/2

i plan to request auto-connection for the 4 interfaces that you need to manually connect before end of the week too … (i was kind of hoping people either read the text or at least notice the screenshot with the correctly set permissions in the UI as an interim … seems my hopes were too high :slight_smile: )

1 Like

and here is the promised auto-connection request:

2 Likes