Preinstalled gnome apps snaps are invisible (Regression?)

I attach a screenshot to show you:

I’m willing to share any useful log, just tell me how :blush:

P.S.: Running from terminal I get the following:

(gnome-calculator:15348): Gtk-WARNING **: 19:39:01.539: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:1:0: Failed to import: Error opening file /snap/communitheme/current/share/themes/Communitheme/gtk-3.20/gtk.css: Permission denied
Fontconfig warning: "/etc/fonts/conf.avail/53-monospace-lcd-filter.conf", line 10: Having multiple values in <test> isn't supported and may not work as expected
shm_open() failed: Permission denied

P.S. 2: I think this snap came with the standard install, I don’t remember installing it myself. Can this be relevant?

After some research I found some answers:

Tough, if I understood correctly, this should be fixed now. Is this a regression?

https://github.com/ubuntu/yaru/issues/354#issuecomment-396675086

Here you can check the attached interfaces:

$ snap interfaces gnome-calculator
Slot                               Plug
:desktop                           gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor,signal-desktop
:desktop-legacy                    gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor,signal-desktop
:gsettings                         gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor,signal-desktop
:network                           gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-logs,signal-desktop
:unity7                            gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor,signal-desktop
:wayland                           gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor,signal-desktop
gnome-3-26-1604:gnome-3-26-1604    gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor
gnome-calculator:gnome-calculator  -
gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes     gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor
gtk-common-themes:icon-themes      gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor
gtk-common-themes:sound-themes     gimp,gnome-calculator,gnome-characters,gnome-logs,gnome-system-monitor

I just tried the other gnome snaps:

• gnome-logs
  • gnome-system-monitor
  • gnome-characters

They all have the “transparent” theme :confused: I also tried Gimp and it’s themed correctly, so it might be an issue on those gnome snaps.

Update:
Removing and reinstalling gnome-calculator fixed the theme issue, so it seems to be really related to the fact that those snaps are preinstalled. It might be worth investigating further.

This might have been triggered by an update to gtk-common-themes, which just rolled out yesterday. Not sure why though. Removing and installing triggered disconnect and connect of the interface, that’s probably what fixed.it.

1 Like