Porting to a S5P4188 Board

Hey Guys,

I am trying to understand what the process is for porting Ubuntu Core onto a new board. The new board is based on a Samsung S594188 Cortex-A9 processor, the same one used on the NanoPi Fire-2A (which does run UC). I’ve never attempted to do anything like this before so please excuse my inexperience.

I’ve read the the Board Enablement docs from the main docs site as well as the Best Practice topic and the links out from it (webinar, etc.). I also came across a blog post by @ogra though many of the links no longer work so I hard to get the base info it suggests!

The particular board I am trying to work with is this one from Graperain.

Ultimately the issue here is I don’t really understand what I am doing so I was hoping that people may be able to point me in the direction of resources, or provide assistance, that would help me understand how to craft the appropriate snap craft and supporting files to roll out a kernel, gadget, and ultimately a model for this board. I have has success on the model level for an x86 machine but that used the standard PC kernel and gadget.

If you also think I am barking up too big a project for a first timer I would also greatly appreciate suggestions on who I could work with to get a working setup.

Cheers
Chris

oh, wow, thats a really ancient post i originally wrote for the 15.04 release of core … many things changed since (and i actually wrote new posts :slight_smile: )… try:

Thanks for the extra info, I read through both over the weekend and had a play but I think there is still some basic information I just don’t know enough to achieve this successfully on my own.

Is there perhaps someone I should work with (commercially or otherwise) to get my head around the requirements to getting a base image working?