Personal-files request for spread

spread uses ~/.spread/ for different bits of data, in particular image files for its qemu backend (under ~/.spread/qemu), so I’d like to request the ability to auto-connect that.

It also reads things from in ~/.config/gcloud/ for its google backend, so I’d like to be able to connect to that, even if only manually.

Pretty please.

1 Like

+1 from me, this request is pretty thoughtful - makes perfect sense to autoconnect spread’s own dot-directory, and allow specific ones from supported clouds but without auto-connection.

To be specific:

• +1 on auto-connect to ~/.spread

• +1 to allow-installation (but not auto-connection, which AIUI is what is being requested) to ~/.config/gcloud/.

• Daniel

I agree with @roadmr:

• +1 on auto-connect to ~/.spread
  • +1 to allow-installation (but not auto-connection, which AIUI is what is being requested) to ~/.config/gcloud/

2 votes for, 0 against for use of and auto-connect for ~/.spread read/write

2 votes for, 0 against for use of ~/.config/gcloud/ without auto-connect read-only.

Please use the following snap.yaml:

plugs:
  dot-spread:
    interface: personal-files
    write:
    - $HOME/.spread
  dot-config-gcloud:
    interface: personal-files
    read:
    - $HOME/.config/gcloud

This is now live.

I’ll mention that while I updated the review-tools for ‘dot-spread’ and ‘dot-config-gcloud’, they are not yet in production, so your uploads will need to be manually approved until they are.

no hurry, i won’t have time to circle back to this for a few days still. Thank you!