Personal-files request for dbeaver-ce

How can I access hidden dotfiles/directories? Using the dbeaver-ce snap package when trying to use the SSH key in the home directory (/home/user/.ssh) permission is denied.
I added this in snapcraft.yaml:

name: dbeaver-ce
    plugs:
      config-dbeaver-ce:
        interface: personal-files
        read:
        - $HOME/.ssh

apps:
      dbeaver-ce:
        plugs:
        - config-dbeaver-ce

After a “snapcraft push” I get this error:

The store was unable to accept this snap.
  - override not found for 'plugs/config-dbeaver-ce'. Use of the personal-files interface is reserved for vetted publishers. If your snap legitimately requires this access, please make a request in the forum using the 'store-requests' category (https://forum.snapcraft.io/c/store-requests), or if you would prefer to keep this private, the 'sensitive' category.
  - human review required due to 'allow-installation' constraint (bool)

Please correct me if I’m doing something wrong.

For access to $HOME/.ssh there is already the ssh-public-keys interface - this would be a better option in this case if you only need access to the public keys since depending on the use-case this may be able to be auto-connected to the snap. In case you need access to both the public and private keys, there is the ssh-keys interface which provides access to both - but this is more privileged and would likely not be able to be granted auto-connection. Can you please clarify what parts of $HOME/.ssh dbeaver-ce needs access to and for what purposes?

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I think I need access for the public and private keys. Currently, when connecting via SSH, there is no access not only to the keys located in the .ssh directory, but also in the path /run/user/1000/keyring/ssh, for example, when connecting via ssh-agent.
Only works with the installation via the devmode.

Access to the ssh-agent from the host is not provided - instead if you wish you can ship ssh-agent within your snap itself - please see this prior discussion for more details Ssh-agent plug request

@riednyko - ping, did you have a chance to analyze the possibility of shipping ssh-agent within your snap? Thanks!

@riednyko - ping, could you make any progress on shipping the ssh-agent?

@riednyko ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information

@riednyko - since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks

Hello, sorry for the long answer. Can I somehow access the ssh-keys interface?
The fact is that we need to connect from the dbeaver-ce snap package to databases, using the private key from the ~/. ssh directory.

Yes, to access the ssh-keys interface, make sure the snap plugs this and then you will need to manually connect it once the snap is installed (sudo snap connect dbeaver-ce:ssh-keys)

1 Like

Hello @riednyko We noticed that you are using @alexmurray suggestion. Do you need something else? Thanks

@riednyko,

Since @alexmurray’s advice seems to have been applied, I am removing this request from our queue.

Thanks!