Partition layout for snappy?

actually i didnt add any firmware.i just downloaded the latest firmware package from qualcomm developer network and replaced older package with new one. except that i haven’t made any change and got that error.
again when i replace with older firmware package i didnt get that error.

Regards
laxman

can you be a little more detailed what exactly you downloaded and how you added “it” ? (i fear i dont understand what you mean by “firmware”, the only firmware we ship is the wlan stuff in the kernel snap)

i downloaded linux-bootloader-and-firmware-v1030.4-psci from qcom developer site. That package has
proprietary-linux folder with below binaries
a300_pfp.fw modem.b00 modem.b07 modem.b20 modem.b25 venus.b00 venus.b03 venus.mdt wcnss.b02 wcnss.b09 wcnss.mdt
a300_pm4.fw modem.b01 modem.b17 modem.b23 modem.b27 venus.b01 venus.b04 wcnss.b00 wcnss.b04 wcnss.b10 wlan
mba.mbn modem.b02 modem.b19 modem.b24 modem.mdt venus.b02 venus.mbn wcnss.b01 wcnss.b06 wcnss.b11

i compressed all these files and kept in kernel source directory as firmware.tar
below is the part of snapcraft.yaml
firmware:
plugin: tar-content
source: firmware.tar
destination: firmware

Regards,
laxman

ok, did you then re-build the kernel snap and re-build the image ?

ya i have done everything including cleaning the firmware and kernel with
snapcraft clean kernel -s pull
snapcraft clean firmware -s pull

i nearly tried 10 times but getting the same error.But if i replace the older package then im not getting that error.

Did you also rebuild the image with this new kernel snap and flash from scratch ?

ya i have done. i even tried preparing sd card image then booting got stuck at
initrd: mounting /run

What was the commandline you used ? did you specify the kernel snap with the --extra-snaps option ?

(and yes, what i meant was that you need to create an SD image, and run through the complete MMC flash process from the u-boot prompt like you initially did (dont forget to remove the SD card before rebooting to the MMC image for the first time), so the GPT sizes match again)

ubuntu-image -w . /home/proj/snappy/db.model --extra-snaps /home/proj/snappy/my-kernel_4.4.23_arm64.snap --extra-snaps …/gadget/dragonboard-gadget/dragonboard_16.04-0.18_arm64.snap

i created sdcard image with
sudo ubuntu-image -c beta --extra-snaps kernel/my-kernel_4.4.23_arm64.snap --extra-snaps …/snappy/dragonboard-gadget/dragonboard_16.04-0.18_arm64.snap -o my.img db.model

booting with sdcard image getting stucking at initrd: mounting /run

Is that on HDMI or serial (smells like the console= options are wrong (though that would be weird unless you changed uboot.env.in when building the gadget)). You should at least get an error message (or a timeout after 120sec)…

@ondra any idea ?

i didnt connect HDMI. im using serial terminal. im not getting any error or timeout.simply got stuck at initrd: mounting /run.

Thing is if i replace older firmware package its completely getting boot .

i havent changed anything in gadget source also

Regards,
laxman

now i’m cloning everything and will let you know with fresh build.

Thanks

Hi,
i freshly cloned and built kernel and gadget snap from scratch and prepared sd-card image.it worked fine.no issue with it.

so i generated writable image with ubuntu-image -w and tried to flash it through fastboot then it failed throwing same error this time also.

This is strange:-)

and did you also install freshly to the MMC ?
Quoting from the readme

- Connect the serial console
- During the first boot, interupt auto boot at u-boot stage by hitting any key

run:

dragonboard410c => run reflash_ubuntu

- Make sure there is no error during flashing.
- Remove SD card and reboot device

(note that the last step is essential, the device needs to boot from MMC once to resize “writable” to the full disk size. It is also essential that the SD is removed when you do this first boot, else the code might attempt to resize “writable” on the SD instead)

i tried it now and board got bricked.
[10] [10] platform_init()
[10] [10] target_init()
[20] [20] initialising mmc_slot =2
[30] [30] Error: Command timeout error
[30] [30] Failure getting OCR response from MMC Card
[30] [30] MMC card failed to respond, try for SD card
[40] [40] Error: Command timeout error
[40] [40] The response for CMD8 does not match the supplied value
[50] [50] Failed to initialize SD card
[50] [50] Failed detecting MMC/SDC @ slot2
[70] [70] Error: Command timeout error
[70] [70] Failure getting OCR response from MMC Card
[70] [70] MMC card failed to respond, try for SD card
[80] [80] Error: Command timeout error
[80] [80] The response for CMD8 does not match the supplied value
[90] [90] Failed to initialize SD card
[90] [90] Failed detecting MMC/SDC @ slot2
[90] [90] mmc init failed![100] [100] panic (caller 0x8f600d70): ASSERT FAILED at (target/msm8916/init.c:132): 0
[100] [100] HALT: reboot into dload m�
Format: Log Type - Time(microsec) - Message - Optional Info
Log Type: B - Since Boot(Power On Reset), D - Delta, S - Statistic
S - QC_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=BOOT.BF.3.0-00261
S - IMAGE_VARIANT_STRING=HAAAANAAA
S - OEM_IMAGE_VERSION_STRING=C-BPATTH
S - Boot Config, 0x000002e3
S - Core 0 Frequency, 0 MHz
B - 1546 - PBL, Start
B - 3493 - bootable_media_detect_entry, Start
B - 168911 - bootable_media_detect_success, Start
B - 168915 - elf_loader_entry, Start
B - 172053 - auth_hash_seg_entry, Start
B - 172265 - auth_hash_seg_exit, Start
B - 188461 - elf_segs_hash_verify_entry, Start
B - 248044 - PBL, End
B - 254583 - SBL1, Start
B - 317505 - pm_device_init, Start
D - 14762 - pm_device_init, Delta
B - 332877 - boot_flash_init, Start
D - 0 - boot_flash_init, Delta
B - 336903 - boot_config_data_table_init, Start
D - 62952 - boot_config_data_table_init, Delta - (0 Bytes)
B - 404430 - CDT version:3,Platform ID:24,Major ID:1,Minor ID:0,Subtype:0
B - 410621 - sbl1_ddr_set_params, Start
B - 414342 - cpr_init, Start
D - 0 - cpr_init, Delta
B - 419954 - Pre_DDR_clock_init, Start
D - 213 - Pre_DDR_clock_init, Delta
D - 0 - sbl1_ddr_set_params, Delta
B - 432459 - pm_driver_init, Start
D - 6832 - pm_driver_init, Delta
B - 447984 - clock_init, Start
D - 30 - clock_init, Delta

earlier what i have done was i made changes to gadget.yaml.
I replaced sd stuff in gadget to emmc stuff.so it got worked.

This looks like the wrong bootloader partition blobs got installed, did you tinker with fastboot on anything but the writable partition before ?

Also, did the flashing from the u-boot prompt show any errors ?

Before through fastboot i flashed all meta-binaries found in stage/blobs

This is not how it works … there are two bootloaders in the gadget, one is for SD the other is for MMC … both need to be in the right places when you run the flash script from the u-boot prompt … the script does all the setup for configuration defaults of the bootloaders etc, it does not only flash things …

This is all working out of the box if you follow the instructions step by step without doing any modifications (has been tested plenty of times before it got released)

aha … by default ubuntu-image indeed creates the bootloader partition images for SD, since we only support the bootloader install to MMC via the u-boot flash script … so if you tinker with fastboot, do it with a grain of salt and try to avoid touching anything but writable and system-boot (part 7 and 8 images)