Packaging NetBeans IDE

I’d like the new Apache NetBeans IDE release to be packaged with snap. I’ve already made up some snapcraft yaml to support that, however I’d be interested what are needed to be arranged in order to be appear in the snap store?

You can just publish this on your own. https://docs.snapcraft.io/build-snaps/publish

Or is there more to your question? Is there a particular issue you are hitting?

Well, netbeans snap name is reserved at the moment, as it’s rightful owner would be the NetBeans Apache project. I cannot really build it under this name from my forked repo, though that is not my real intention.
I would like to have the snap packaging happen from the netbeans main repository. I’ve already have a PR for them. But even if the PR got approved and mainlined in the current incubation repository we would like to set up an alpha/edge channel were builds are going to be built/provisioned.
I’m just a single contributor of the NetBeans project, but would like to see Snapping happen. I’m trying to drive the effort, so beside providing the snapcraft code for the project, I 'd like to gather the information who shall do what.
So my first question: how Apache staff could register their github copy of the repository?

If NetBeans want to use the build service at build.snapcraft.io then someone with access to commit to the repository needs to login with their github credentials at the build service and add the repo. Once that is done they are able to select to register the name in the store by further logging-into a launchpad account and then entering the name. They will need to file a claim on the name as it is, which you pointed out, reserved; they just need to explain that they’re acting on behalf of the project and are therefore the legitimate owner of the name. Once that’s done the build service will kick in and build the master branch whenever a commit is made.

If they wish to use their own CI system then the steps are a bit different. In this case they need to login with a launchpad account at dashboard.snapcraft.io and register the netbeans name there. Again they will be prompted to file a claim on the name because it’s reserved, which can be answered the same way as above. Once they’ve registered the snap they will need to configure their CI system to build a .snap file and upload to the store on their own schedules. This method allows much more control, but comes at the expense of requiring more configuration. I don’t know the relevant details to configure a CI system to allow uploading to the store, but I believe you need to save an authorization token and use snapcraft CLI to upload.