Mpris auto connection request for ncspot

ncspot is a console based Spotify music player. It supports mpris allowing the user to launch in a terminal and then control it via the sound menu / notification area of their desktop.

Please can I get auto connection for the mpris / ncspot-mpris interfaces. Thanks.

+1 from me - this makes a lot of sense and seems quite expected from a user’s point-of-view for an audio player to have access to mpris out-of-the-box.

Please note that your snap is allowed to slots: [ mpris ] without a snap declaration. Ie, if you adjust your snap.yaml to instead of this:

name: ncspot
apps:
  ncspot:
    slots:
    - ncspot-mpris
slots:
  ncspot-mpris:
    interface: mpris

to simply use:

apps:
  ncspot:
    slots:
    - mpris

This would’ve passed automated review. This is documented in The mpris interface.

The review-tools should detect that what you have is equivalent though, and I’ve taken a todo to update them to not flag when ‘name’ equals the snap name. I’ve gone ahead and rejected all the revisions in the store so your next upload which makes the above change will pass automated review. (I thought about granted the snap declaration, but didn’t want to inadvertently block a future upload that dropped the current yaml).

1 Like