MongoDB (NoSQL Database)

MongoDB is a popular NoSQL database. It looks like groovy gorilla does not have mongoDB in the repos yet. If there was a snap, this would have never been a problem :smiley:

MongoDB Official Website

There is already quite some choice in the snap store, not sure if we need more of them :slight_smile:

$ snap find mongo|grep ^mongo
mongo30                      3.0.12     niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database
mongo32                      3.2.7      niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database
mongo24                      2.4.14     niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database
mongo22                      2.2.7      niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database
mongo33                      3.3.9      niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database
mongo26                      2.6.12     niemeyer         -         MongoDB document-oriented database

There are a couple of problems with this I feel

• Each of the snap is a different version of mongoDB
  • The latest version of MongoDB is actually 4.4 (The latest snap is of 3.3)

Ideally there should be one snap with different versions , right?

I guess you could ask @niemeyer if he is willing to move them to a single snap with multiple per-version tracks :wink: (I think the creation of the mongo snaps simply pre-dates the tracks feature in the store)

Note that focal also only ships 3.9 currently (not sure what groovy will have by release day), that does not seem to far off from 3.3