Manual review pending due to added interface

What should I do with status Manual review pending for my snap? This is 259 revision of hw-probe. I have added a new block-devices interface in it to collect SMART attributes from drives by smartmontools.

Could you please also auto-connect this interface for hw-probe?

Thank you.

1 Like

+1 for allowing this snap the use of the block-devices interface (ie, make it installable via the snap declaration)
-1 for auto-connection. The interface is just too powerful IMHO to grant to the snap since it grants total device ownership to the snap on all systems it is installed on. The user can always detect the situation when the interface is disconnected and gracefully degrade and not show SMART attributes, informing the user to run ‘snap connect hw-probe:block-devices’.

2 Likes

@reviewers - can some of you vote on this?

1 Like

I agree with @jdstrand - +1 for granting access to hw-probe, -1 for autoconnect.

Another option would be to use the udisks2 interface and access SMART attributes via udisks’s DBus API - which should be a lot safer to grant autoconnection and would provide the best user experience then IMHO.

2 Likes

2 votes for, 0 against for granting installation with block-devices
0 votes for, 2 against for granting auto-connection of block-devices.

Granting installation but not auto-connection of block-devices. This is now live.

2 Likes

@linuxhw - your next upload should now pass automated review.

1 Like