Manual review for olivia-test

i am testing mpris integration with my current snap build, i found i need expose a dbus interface so i modified snapcraft.yaml file, and also added mpris interface to it. just adding mpris interface didn’t worked so i did dbus too, which revoked this manual review thing.

Please note that the mpris interace also allows specifying the ‘name’ attribute. Looking at your manual review request, you have an unusual dbus name of simply ‘olivia’ which might indicate why mpris didn’t work since your snap’s name is ‘olivia-test’. Please try:

slots:
  mpris:
    name: olivia
apps:
  olivia:
    slots:
    - mpris

This will allow binding to org.mpris.MediaPlayer2.olivia.

Is there any reason why you chose ‘olivia-test’ as the snap name instead of ‘olivia’? As it stands, to pass automated review you will need a snap declaration for use of ‘olivia’ with the mpris interface since your snap is named ‘olivia-test’, but if it was named ‘olivia’, you would not.

1 Like

can i change the name of my snap or migrate the content to “olivia” ? :thinking: cause there are lots of articles which tells how to install olivia as “snap install olivia-test” . if this is not possible i will publish all this work to olivia which will take some work.

do i need to add interface: mpris
under mpris: in slot definition ?

@jdstrand i setup a auto build with build.snapcraft.io with name olivia and deleted olivia-test , now the build is taking forever, its been an hour already and am not seeing anything released in olivia namespace. kindly check the issue plz.

The build service is a free one with no guarantee of service. Please be patient when building on it. It looked like your snap finished building a few moments ago.

1 Like

yes it just happened, i thought its a bug or something like that, maybe caused due to messed up names switching etc… i guess maintenance break is also goin on.

If you renamed your snap, all you need is:

apps:
  olivia:
    slots:
    - mpris

If still using olivia-test, then you need:

name: olivia-test
slots:
  mpris:
apps:
  olivia:
    slots:
    - mpris
1 Like

i changed the name of snap its working thanks @jdstrand :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi,
In today’s update of Olivia snap in auto build triggered due to github commit manual review is needed and its again mpris related.
Current snapcraft.yaml file is https://github.com/keshavbhatt/olivia/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml

this was not happening before i made no changes to snapcraft file in my latest commit.