LaTeX + snap

@LRP - just the person I wanted to ask, what is the architecture of your NUC? Currently, builds of the snap only support amd64, but using a texlive.profile file I can direct the build to pull texlive artifacts for different arches such as armhf, arm64, etc. More arches the better for testing.

Hi Jason,

Iā€™ll check and get back to you as soon as I to my office.

Best,

Lloyd

Hello again,

I have several systems I can test on. Easiest:

Intel NUC:

Architecture: x86_64 Model name: IntelĀ® Coreā„¢ i5-7260U CPU @ 2.20GHz

Iā€™ll look into other systems when I have more time next week. Be fun to know how well TeX Live performs on Raspberry Pis. I have both a 4 and a 400, but wonā€™t have time to play for at least a week or more.

What are your thoughts about adding packages and keep TL up-to-date? Does it make sense to make a separate snap package for tlmgr?

All the best,

Lloyd

Hi Jason,

Iā€™ll have couple of hours to test in Intel NUC tomorrow morningā€”Ubuntu 20.04.

Can you please give me recipe for doing so?

Many thanks,

Lloyd

I have the publishers collection snap published here:

You can install the package with the following command:

sudo snap install texlive-publishers-collection --beta

Then to interact with commands, say pdflatex, you would use the following command:

sudo snap alias texlive-publishers-collection.pdflatex pdflatex
pdflatex

Eventually you will not need to manually create the aliases for texlive commands (I am putting in the request tomorrow). Also, I have snaps for almost ready for the basic and full schemes, but I need need to dispute the ownership of the texlive-full name on the store.

Hi Jason,

I just tested the tex live snap beta on an Intel NUC. Installed without a hitch:

lloyd@wg-dev:~$ tex --version

TeX 3.141592653 (TeX Live 2021)

kpathsea version 6.3.3

Copyright 2021 D.E. Knuth.

There is NO warranty. Redistribution of this software is

covered by the terms of both the TeX copyright and

the Lesser GNU General Public License.

For more information about these matters, see the file

named COPYING and the TeX source.

Primary author of TeX: D.E. Knuth.

I did need to refresh snap:

$ sudo snap refresh

All snaps up to date.

All the best,

Lloyd

Hi Everyone:

I hope that someone is still listening to this threadā€¦

First, thanks for doing this. However, I have a problem. The code installed just fine, but when I run it I get a error that it canā€™t find the tex file, which is in the current directory.

hal@marvinA SSR]$ texlive-publishers-collection.pdflatex LucyMissionOverview.tex

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.24 (TeX Live 2022) (preloaded format=pdflatex) restricted \write18 enabled. entering extended mode ! I canā€™t find file `LucyMissionOverview.texā€™. <*> LucyMissionOverview.tex

(Press Enter to retry, or Control-D to exit) Please type another input file name:

I have tried setting TEXINPUTS to ā€œ.:~/.texmf/tex/latex/ā€, but this did not help.

Any ideas?