Konversation snap error: libKF5Crash.so.5 not found

Hello!

running konversation from a snap package returns this error

$ konversation
konversation: error while loading shared libraries: libKF5Crash.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

with ldd, it seems that the binary can see the library, but maybe in the snappy environment things are a little different (and I’m not sure how to consider the error on libQt5Core.so.5)

$ ldd /snap/konversation/2/usr/bin/konversation
/snap/konversation/2/usr/bin/konversation: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Core.so.5: version `Qt_5.7' not found (required by /snap/konversation/2/usr/bin/konversation)
        linux-vdso.so.1 =>  (0x00007ffdad549000)
        libKF5Crash.so.5 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libKF5Crash.so.5 (0x00007f73898eb000)

on Yakkety

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description:    Ubuntu 16.10
Release:        16.10
Codename:       yakkety

with the following snapd version:

$ snap --version
snap    2.23.1
snapd   2.23.1
series  16
ubuntu  16.10
kernel  4.8.0-45-generic

I thought the reason was the kde-frameworks-5 snap missing, but even after installing it, the issue persisted.

Is there any info I can provide to clarify the issue? If possible, I’d work on it myself, I just need some hints.

Best regards,
Carlo

There is a bug in snapd where if installed in different orders this problem can show. One quick way to solve is to run:

snap disable konversation
sudo /usr/lib/snapd/snap-discard-ns konversation
snap enable konversation

That works, thanks!

There is a bug in snapd where if installed in different orders this problem can show.

do you mean installing konversation before kde-frameworks-5?

Yes, you need to install the thing that provides the slots for the content interface first to not have the bug show, so kde-frameworks-5 needs to currently be installed before konversation.

1 Like

Technically it is not important what is the order in which they were installed. What is only important is the order in which they were started. If you started an app before connecting the content interface for a shared runtime you will get this error even after installing the runtime

I’m fixing this and many parts of the fix will be in 2.24 (though realistically it will only land in 2.25).
For details please see Fixing live propagation of mount changes

3 Likes