Kdenlive wants maintainers for its snap

According to its download page, Kdenlive has dropped snap support because they need maintainers. If you would like to help them out perhaps consider posting here or perhaps the mailing list is more frequently used by developers (and commenting here that you have done so).

Outstanding issues with the current edge snap (master+181e5dd (8) published by j-b-m):

• Running creates this window:
    Screenshot from 2017-10-23 18-13-55
    Clicking OK or Cancel just drops you back to the Terminal (if you’re using snap run kdenlive to launch the app).
    Potentially useful Terminal output:
$ snap run kdenlive
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/adam/snap/kdenlive/8/.icons/Breeze_Snow': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/adam/snap/kdenlive/8/.icons/breeze': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/adam/snap/kdenlive/8/.icons/breeze_cursors': File exists
ln: failed to create symbolic link '/home/adam/snap/kdenlive/8/.icons/hicolor': File exists
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
mlt_repository_init: no plugins found in "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mlt"
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
XmbTextListToTextProperty result code -2
  • kde-frameworks-5 should be autoconnected (post a request under the #store category when other bugs are fixed)
4 Likes

Can the snapcrafters org help out here?

Well ideally the snap should be hosted in their repos, we wouldn’t want it hosted in the snapcrafters repo really since it did exist upstream(??) (but I can’t see the snapcraft.yaml in the Kdenlive repo, someone should ask their mailing list where it is). I’m part of the snapcrafters org but I don’t think I have the time/expertise to help out here (haven’t actually successfully snapped anything yet lol) :cry:

Did something new happen?

I can only find this snapcraft.yaml from searching it on Google.

https://phabricator.kde.org/file/data/lfeb7aqyc2czkmjxbygs/PHID-FILE-hspnxazp2af67e7xakw3/snapcraft.yaml

1 Like

Hi @Zap123 - I’ve been looking at this in my spare time. I started a thread recently to work through an issue I had. It’s certainly moving forward, and as I get time I’ll update it and push to upstream.

3 Likes

Hi @popey, thanks. I didn’t see your thread. I needed kdenlive to do a quick edit, and I was surprised not to find it as a snap. I was willing to give it a try just for fun in my spare time but it sounds like you got it covered and doesn’t seem easy. At the end I used the Appimage.