KDE: Global autoconnect request kf5-5-110-qt-5-15-10-core22

Please allow Global autoconnect request kf5-5-110-qt-5-15-10-core22. This is our content pack and used by 3rd party applications. Thanks, Scarlett

@Igor

Is this fixed now? I mean the sdk?

It was the extension that was broken ( snapcraft ) and yes it was merged upstream. I know snapcraft --edge works fine, I don’t know if the fixes are in stable yet.

I use snapcraft from edge channel. So, I’ll try then. Can you point me the PR once? @sgmoore

1 Like

@sgmoore removing those environment variables will make snap developers manually add those variables. Don’t you think those are necessary, but just needed to update the variables with latest names? Gnome extension also uses this.

I used gnome extension as a reference when I wrote the extension. Unfortunately, this broke third party snapcrafters builds in weird and mysterious ways, it even broke random kde snap builds. Once I removed it, all those builds were fixed. I don’t have an answer as to why this is the case.

No problem. We can manage for now :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks to and for all the hardwork you’re doing for KDE.

1 Like

This is an obvious +1 from me, following the well established pattern for the previous versions of this content snap (here for examples). If I can get another quick +1 from 2 more @reviewers we will grant this immediately following the fast-tracking process (although I admit this has not been fast ).

+1 from my side as well

This is clear and the requirement is understood. +1 from me as well.

+1 from me, a well established pattern from KDE and known and required use case.

Yes I am pathetic. I do this on my freetime, thanks. Qt 5.15.11 opensource was literally released a few days ago? Yes, no qt6. We are splitting qt from kde-frameworks. qt-framework-sdk is the snap we are working off. I am sorry I do not meet your expectations, or anyone elses for that matter. Scarlett

I am talking about the status of Qt snap, not about you.

Qt 5.15.11 released few days ago and 5.15.10 released months ago!

About Qt6 you could offer only qt packages without KDE frameworks, I read from many users of qt snap that don’t need it.

We have had 5.15.10 for months, this update is a new frameworks only. As stated previously, that is what we are doing. The Qt6 snap is qt-framework and qt-framework-sdk KDE will be doing their frameworks separately.

snap info qt-framework-sdk
name:      qt-framework-sdk
summary:   Qt Framework SDK
publisher: jarred wilson (jardon)
store-url: https://snapcraft.io/qt-framework-sdk
license:   unset
description: |
  Qt is a cross-platform application development framework widely used
  for developing software with graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and
  interactive functionality.
snap-id:      rU779cnlklWyAm1126ugiAHv2xwpC36f
tracking:     6.6/stable
refresh-date: yesterday at 05:10 MST
channels:
  6.6/stable:     6.6.0-rc1 2023-10-07 (33) 326MB -
  6.6/candidate:  ↑                               
  6.6/beta:       ↑                               
  6.6/edge:       ↑                               
  6.5/stable:     6.5.3     2023-10-08 (34) 326MB -
  6.5/candidate:  ↑                               
  6.5/beta:       ↑                               
  6.5/edge:       ↑                               
  5.15/stable:    5.15.10   2023-09-24 (27) 118MB -
  5.15/candidate: ↑                               
  5.15/beta:      ↑                               
  5.15/edge:      ↑                               

snap info qt-framework
name:      qt-framework
summary:   Qt Framework
publisher: jarred wilson (jardon)
store-url: https://snapcraft.io/qt-framework
license:   unset
description: |
  Qt is a cross-platform application development framework widely used
  for developing software with graphical user interfaces (GUIs) and
  interactive functionality.
snap-id: JDlsqwk8ZeQhvlgWjfjXqk46TSGxHDhH
channels:
  latest/stable:    bundle 2023-09-07 (34) 334MB -
  latest/candidate: ↑                            
  latest/beta:      ↑                            
  latest/edge:      ↑

+4 votes for, zero against, fast-tracking. The auto connection is now live.

qt-framework-sdk is not listed in snapstore, wonder why?

Its runtime qt-framework has no version, the only available version is bundle (what does it mean?, I don’t know!

It supports only amd64. So what about other architectures.

It has no link where to report bugs or see source code!

Hi, He is also working on this in his freetime. I have asked for access to the repo so that I may collaborate, but have not yet received it. I do not know the location. They are not public yet as they are still a WIP. I have already suggested to him to do the builds via the github builds so that we may get more architectures.