Human review required due to 'deny-connection' constraint (interface attributes)

I created a flutter app (repository) and ran snapcraf upload but got the following error:

snapcraft upload --release=stable batch-image-editor_0.1.0_amd64.snap
Issues while processing snap:ew                                                                                                                                                                              
- human review required due to 'deny-connection' constraint (interface attributes)                                                                                             
Full execution log: '/home/haidar/.cache/snapcraft/log/snapcraft-20220915-025125.311485.log' 

What should I do and what does the error means?

Hi Haidar,

I believe this means that your snap package uses a non-auto connecting interface that requires a manual review from a snap store admin before the package can be released on the store in strict confinement. Looking at your snapcraft.yaml file, the interface that probably needs this manual review is the dbus interface. The log file should give you more information.

The process for requesting an auto-connection review is explained here: https://snapcraft.io/docs/process-for-aliases-auto-connections-and-tracks

Thanks for your reply. I am very new to all the snap thing.

So if I understand I should make a post tagged with “store-requests” and put a link to my snap so someone can approve it?

Yes, and also be sure to explain why your application needs the interfaces that it does. Especially your dbus interface. You can tag them in your store-request post with @review-team.

They will comment on the post whether they approve, disapprove, or have any further questions about your snap package.

1 Like

@Haidar I have just granted use of the dbus name for your snap - and it now passes automated review.

1 Like