How to execute binaries inside a Snap app

It would seem that despite that error, it was still published, and screenshots and color picking now finally work!

2 Likes

@sergiusens, @cjp256, any idea what is happening in this log message?

HOORAY! :smiley: :partying_face:

that error looks more like something (really scary) from the store where it can not find the former revision …

Thanks so much for the help everyone! I will take this knowledge and help update some of these packages to work better with Snap, as well as publish some blog posts about how to do all this with GitHub actions.

4 Likes

Please let us know if you continue to see this error. :smiley: Glad you got it working!

@rwwagner90 I’ve been trying to piece together all of the various issues and PRs relating to electron-forge and it’s broken snap packaging. It’s quite frustrating considering the website makes it seem like it works out of the box!!

I was wondering if you had any definitive writings of what worked for you in the end? Did you have to completely abandon electron-forge with electron-builder?

@winterdj yeah, I had to abandon electron-forge, just for my snap build. I should probably write up a blog post on some of the various hacks I am doing. We really need https://github.com/electron-userland/electron-installer-snap/pull/75, or something similar, to get merged, but there has been no response there.