Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "appmenu-gtk-module"

Running my app from a terminal i get this error:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module”
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module “canberra-gtk-module”

This is my project

if I open my ap as a non-snap I don’t have any problems

Both of these messages are normal because the current desktop helpers do not include support for either module, no need to worry about them (you will notice them in other desktop applications too if you start them from a terminal).

ok but i have a missing app menu in the app.

do you mean the top-panel menu in unity7 (which is what appmenu-gtk provides) ?

the bar with file edit etc

try adding the unity7 interface to your plugs … (that gives permission to the appmenu-gtk dbus interface of the desktop)

1 Like

Error messages don’t necessarily mean there’s an actual problem, you should focus on missing functionalities like missing menu etc.

For global menu integration in Unity 7 desktop environment, you have to connect the snap to the unity7 interface and maybe enumerate certain supporting stage-packages

I did but snapcraft.io builder won’t publish because of an error
Error:interface ‘unity’ not found in base declaration
but let me try adding 7 (as a specific version)

Please, check the documentation before adding anything to the code: Interfaces - doc - snapcraft.io

1 Like

yeah, the interface name is explicitly “unity7” :slight_smile: (there was a “unity8” still existing when we started which is why the interface has the explicit versioning in the name)

2 Likes

Thx . Sorry new coder here.

We all were once (and often still are in new tasks)… no need to be sorry about that :wink:

2 Likes

Still, nothing with unity7, but at least builder compile the version with it on without errors