Gtk file explorer does not show removable media in left pane

Out of topic.

Because most IT enthusiasts, dev’s and geek people won’t consider that as a bug and might answer something like « of course you can access the usb-thumb, just browse the full path, what’s the problem ? »

Obvious for people a bit accustomed or interested in how things work, not obvious for users just needing their work be done. Those will just see « my usb-thumb is not where it’s used to be », won’t look further and I don’t blame them. You do with such a patronizing answer.

Such fundamental and basic UI/UX details should be seen and fixed through comparative tests between .deb and snap before anyone pretends snap are ok for mass adoption and real life context. By real life I do mean outside IT enthusiasts and dev’s people.

It also took 6 years before maybe « software » stopped showing snap first and push back at bottom of the list other package for a given app’… leading people
⋅ installing snap without knowing,
⋅ thinking Canonical ( or else ) was « forcing » them by hiding other packages.
( I try to believe it was not intended but the side-effects were predictable and reported for years ).

For win snap UI/UX can’t just be as good as .deb it must be better, easier, prettier for all to adopt.

Mmm… examples of QT5 or GTK3 app-in-snap please ? ( Gimp 2.99/3 in some months or years… )

• GTK 3
    • Foliate
    • Chromium and Firefox (for these purposes I think, even if they don’t use GTK 3 for the apps themselves, they do for desktop integration)
  • QT 5

My very very bad, it’s indeed ok in Chromium :
chromium_gtk_fe

( are all pictures gone away ? Is this expected ? )