Glibc issue when installing Node snap via stage-snaps

Hello! I’m building a Snap for a ROS application that requires NodeJS. The snap uses ROS noetic hence I’m using core20 as a base snap. I’ve seen that NodeJs is available as a Snap, so I’ve decided to install it by using the stage-snaps keyword. I’ve snapped and tested my app with devmode confinement and everything seems to work fine. However, when I set my app to strictly confined I get the following error when running node:

node: relocation error: node: symbol pthread_attr_init, version GLIBC_2.2.5 not defined in file libpthread.so.0 with link time reference

I’ve run the --shell and I can see that the lib/x86_64-linux-gnu does not contain any glib library. The issue is fixed if I add libc6 with the stage-packages keyword. I was wondering what could be the cause of this behaviour, why is the libc6 required as a runtime dependency? I can see that the Nodejs snap has classic confinement, could that be the reason?

PS. I’m not using the npm plugin because the ROS application (third-party application) does not have a package.json file. Thanks in advance for the support

Is libc6 needed by your snap also? The thing is node-js being classic confinement uses those files from the user ig, but when you use it as your snap dependency, then it needs to .be manually installed