`GLIBC_2.33' not found after upgrade to 21.04

Hi,

A user reported that alacritty doesn’t work on his computer running Ubuntu 21.04. I’ve searched the forum and usually the suggestion is to build with snapcraft cleanbuild – however this snap is already built and published to the Snap Store.

I believe I have a library missing inside the snap which causes the snap to look for a library on the host causing a library mismatch. Should I include libtinfo6 into the snap as well?

Also how can I make sure the snap works fine on Ubuntu 21.04 when I don’t have it installed?

If the user has an Nvidia graphics card, the problem may be related to this bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/snapd/+bug/1916745

Another similar problem - Acestreamplayer.mpv stopped to work, glibc error

I faced the same problem on Arch Linux after another update. I don’t know how to get around the problem.

I’m the one getting the error, and my laptop doesn’t have Nvidia, just an i5-8265U with Intel UHD 520 graphics.

As a classic snap it can load host libraries which may cause this issue.

There may be a better way to do this, but if I’m trying to analyze libraries being loaded from the host (and likely need to be added to the snap), I’d do something like:

snap run --strace alacritty 2>&1 | grep openat.*so | grep -v /snap/alacritty | grep -v /snap/core20 | grep -v – -1