Gadget snap for olimex lime2

Thanks @ogra for your kind support !!
With your above guidance, I am able to boot the device through its emmc.
Thank you once again i will keep posted my further findings.

Hello @ogra sorry for bothering you again, In the below gadget.yaml we defined only two parts i.e -

first is u-boot section & other is system-boot, in our case it is part0.img and part1.img. I have one query from where the part2.img(writeable.img) came while creating image with “-w” option in ubuntu-image tool?

Pls help me to understand this :slight_smile:

Thanks!

since the /writable partition is a hard requirement for all Ubuntu Core installs, ubuntu-image has code to always automatically create it … you can override it if you want i.e. a minimal size (writable is auto-expanded on first boot so this is usually not necessary, ubuntu-image does all the necessary bits here (you should always use the partition table it creates for you indeed))

an override would look like:

volumes:
 my-shiny-image:
    bootloader: u-boot
    schema: mbr
    structure:
      - name: system-boot
        type: 0C
        filesystem: vfat
        filesystem-label: system-boot
        size: 128M
        role: system-boot
      - name: writable
        type: 83
        filesystem: ext4
        filesystem-label: writable
        size: 600M
        role: system-data

(note the role: system-data line there)

1 Like

Hello @ogra,

After googling, I came to know that pi-4 and dragonboard 410C supported arm64 arch. I want to learn how can I create kernel snap, gadget snap and ubuntu-core image for arm64 arch, it is the same as armhf?

Please suggest me any docs or links which will help me to learn and what are the pre-requisite things which I need to know before moving ahead.

Appreciate your support :slight_smile:

Thank you!!