From node-red snap not able to read gpio file

Sounds great. I will grab another sd card and test the armhf install. Thanks again!

there is an arm64 build now as well and node-red-contrib-bme280-rpi has been added to both architectures …

works perfectly on armhf thanks again! Now I can get back to business. Great job @ogra!

1 Like

released to the stable channel. thanks for the feedback …

1 Like

Ok…I had my gpio on the dashboard working in a sort simulation mode so I didn’t realize the GPIO nodes in the dashboard aren’t actually working…sorry about that! Any ideas?

Yes, i’m just working on a fix

I have been tinkering with it a bit today … there was indeed a bit more needed than just including the required nodes … apparently the rpi-gpio node only works if the RPi.GPIO python module is around so this needed to be added to the snap.

… now … RPi.GPIO in turn tries to read the devicetree from the system so the hardware-observe interface needs to be available and connected … and lastly RPi.GPIO wants to access /dev/gpiomem … so I also needed to add gpio-memory-control

I updated https://snapcraft.io/node-red-rpi with instructions … and just released the new snap, a

snap refresh node-red-rpi

(and connecting the interfaces mentioned) should get you going now …

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks again @ogra.

hey @ogra - any chance we can activate the palette manager, or is that a setting that is locked down when the snap is built? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello again so I have another strange node-red behaviour:

The dashboard works perfectly in my browser on my pc that is accessing the dashboard over the network but on my touchscreen attached to the pi it keeps cycling connection lost. If I point the wpe-webkit at a different URL it works fine. Any ideas?

whats teh url you use in the wpe browser ? if it is the IP, did you try using localhost instead (or vice versa) … ?

Yes it tried both behaviour doesn’t change. It worked great for a couple days then just quit working. Cycling connection lost. Maybe a cache issue with WebKit. Containing some old junk?

So I removed my flow and created a new one with just a single element and it works again. I will add each node back in and see where it goes squirrelly.

I should also mention that it takes a really long time to refresh when I make changes to the flow and deploy. It used to refresh with the changes very quickly and now it just hangs for almost a minute before refreshing. the investigation continues…

Not sure exactly but I think I was crashing it with an ever increasing console output. I was sending debug info every couple seconds and it would just crash after a while. it works now.