Extremely slow startup for Snaps

After some time-consuming on the problem, I have notice that there are a flatpak folder exists on the .local/share/flatpak path. Although I do not have flatpak installed. Inside the flatpak folders there was an empty db/documents file. I guess it was installed alongside some packages I was installed.

In my case, removing the .local/share/flatpak folder and restarting the session fix the problem.

After that snap apps run just in a second. :smiley: (Tested on Termius and Flameshot)

Warning: Make sure you have a backup before you do that.

2 Likes

Apologies @AliBaghernejad - yes it is a snap install of Chromium. I have previously used (non Snap) Chromium for many years without issues (same machine, older version of Ubuntu).

The snap chromium was recently installed on a stock Ubuntu 20.04, worked for a week or 2 then out of the blue seeing ‘font-feature-settings’ is not a valid property name.

I’m not seeing the same issue as the OP and not intending to hijack their thread, I just saw that we are getting similar error messages for snap chromium installs, on Ubuntu 20.04, and within a few days of each other.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the snap and now working at present. Fingers crossed

Same issue here! that fixed it, no flatpack installed. thanks a lot!!!

Encountered the problem after reinstalling snap-store with wayland gnome. Deleting the ~/.local/share/flatpak folder solved it, even though I have no flatpak installed. However, after restart Firefox immediately recreated it for an extension companion app. Did not impact Firefox launch time though. So it was probably a permission error.