Error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs image using "squashfs": mount: /tmp/sanity-mountpoint-943820387: mount failed: Operation not permitted

I’ve been trying to install GeForce NOW on Linux using snap but i’m having problems. I followed this tutorial and i’m having trouble when trying to install core. I’ve already tried a bunch of tutorials in snapcraft’s forum but none of them worked. Also, this happens with anything i try to install using snap. If this helps information helps, i’m using ChromeOS.

unight@penguin:~$ sudo snap install core error: system does not fully support snapd: cannot mount squashfs image using “squashfs”: mount: /tmp/sanity-mountpoint-943820387: mount failed: Operation not permitted.

unight@penguin:~$ uname -a Linux penguin 5.15.117-19680-g54e910f94133 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Sep 5 18:43:43 PDT 2023 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Looks like your kernel does not support all requirements for running snap packages (namely it seems like squashfs support is missing)

You might be able to get away with the userspace squashfs drivers. Try running

sudo apt install libsquashfuse0 squashfuse fuse 

And then try reinstalling a snap.

This said, the GeForce Now snap isn’t a native client. It’s an Electron wrapper of the web client. Effectively, you might as well just play via the native Chrome browser at https://play.geforcenow.com - because it’s exactly the same thing but likely to work a bit better by virtue of not being run through three layers of containers.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, it fixed the problem.