Drawing snap not working

I’ve updated the snap to be based on the 0.6 branch.

The snap version is based on the output of “git describe”, so it takes the latest tag in the branch and appends a hash that will help show which commit it was built from. For example, the version I just published is 0.6.3-4-g5b2ec5d453 however the version in the about dialog does say it’s 0.6.4 because meson.build in the 0.6 branch already reflects 0.6.4.

I have no idea if this is an issue or not, but I saw it reported on askubuntu & the answer was from another user reporting the same issue.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1447248/drawing-1-0-1-not-working

Since a few days the app doesn’t start. I have Ubuntu 22. I tried to uninstall and re-install the app via snap, but, even after that, nothing happens when I start the app. Here is my terminal output.

user@user-All-Series:~$ drawing &
[1] 212365
user@user-All-Series:~$ /snap/drawing/27/gnome-platform/command-chain/desktop-launch: /snap/drawing/27/usr/bin/drawing: /snap/gnome-42-2204-sdk/current/usr/bin/python3: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
/snap/drawing/27/gnome-platform/command-chain/desktop-launch: line 603: /snap/drawing/27/usr/bin/drawing: Success

Answer provided is

I had the same problem with the Gnome Drawing app, but I found the solution. Installing gnome-42-2204-sdk solves this as it provides the necessarily libraries needed for gnome 42 apps.

I’ve not tested this, so apology if this is unhelpful, but it looks like it would benefit from explore (thus this post). All details pasted from askubuntu link.