- APT has a bunch of hooks
- If an installation fails because package not available, snap is suggested
- Not yet integrated into the search hook
- Display the first N (5… 10?) entries from find results, so it doesn’t get too busy
- Store is already ordering results based on relevance
- Might be presented along the lines of:
$ apt search ... <apt results> <empty line> Related snaps matching "aws-cli": * aws-cli - Universal Command Line Interface for Amazon Web Services See 'snap info <snap name>' for available versions.
- Improve “snap info” output with another field at the end:
examples: | snap install aws-cli snap install aws-cli --channel=edge
- Only show the first line if stable exists.
- Only show the second line if non-stable exists, and then show it with a proper channel.