Create Security documentation

I didn’t find much information about how security works with snaps. Just this on a quick look:

Documentation:

is confined from the OS and other apps through security mechanisms, but can exchange content and functions with other snaps according to fine-grained policies controlled by the user and the OS defaults.

Store:

Not only are snaps kept separate, their data is kept separate too. Snaps communicate with each other only in ways that you approve.

There’s a lot of misinformation going on recently and I think the lack of a Security section on the documentation, or the store, or even the main page is not helping.

Suggestion:
Create a Security section and explain how everything works, please be transparent and don’t use a lot of technical terms, this is aimed at users.

There are:

And the core security whitepaper:

Almost no one will check these links above, I’m talking about creating a Security section here:

It doesn’t need be too long or have multiple items, one page explaining will probably be enough for most people.

The technical details could be elsewhere, just put a link like: “Learn more about Security”, and developers and high skilled users could access if they want to.

then you should probably report it at

1 Like