Create 1.10 track for go

Hi,

Go 1.10 beta 1 was released today and I’d like to start putting this release into the store. I have a track for each major release so can you please create a 1.10 track for https://snapcraft.io/go/ with ^1\.10($|\.|\+|beta|rc) as the guard rail please?

Cheers,
mwh

PS: I’m tempted to ask for 1.11 and 1.12 to be created now too so I don’t forget to get them created ahead of time for the next couple of releases…

You have my +1 as reviewer for 1.10, based on the fact that Go has precedent in using tracks and it seems to have a pretty uniform release cadence which makes its use of tracks consistent with how the feature is designed.

Given that the cadence is indeed quite stable, could you elaborate on when 1.11 and 1.12 are likely to be released? also, is it very likely those will be the names, and it won’t e.g. jump to 2.0 after 1.11 or such?

Cheers,

• Daniel

Go releases major versions every six months. I think it’s really very unlikely that they’ll “wrap” to 2.0 rather than 1.11, 1.12, 1.13 etc but it’s possible I guess.

OK so - the bad news is that I’m still concerned about creating in advance tracks which may end up changing, so I would prefer if you requested track names as needed once the release dates approach. I’m happy to be overruled by other architects/reviewers on this, however.

The GOOD news is - As discussed in Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence and since Go “has existing tracks and the new request conforms to the previous ones”, I’m now able to create these tracks, waiving the waiting period and the need for one extra vote based on the above rationale.

Your 1.10 track is ready (just for the go snap, is that correct?), and once you request 1.11 and beyond I’ll be able to process them quickly.

Cheers!

• Daniel

Thanks. If subsequent tracks can be created without a mandatory 7 day delay I’m not so worried about not doing those now :slight_smile: