Classic confinement for 'xprinter1'

For the convenience of customers, this application needs to be configured to listen for UDEV events to automatically connect to the printer when plugged in via USB. In addition, systemd needs to be configured to automatically run after restarting. The above two steps require root privileges to configure. If my request can be approved, I would greatly appreciate it!

A snap can either be run as root manually by a user via sudo or similar, and it can declare a daemon which will then run as root. So I don’t think classic should be needed for this use-case to run as root.

Can you please provide more information? In particular, what errors do you encounter when running under strict confinement?

Finally, if you still think classic confinement is required, can you please detail which category of application your snap first within as per the Process for reviewing classic confinement snaps? Thanks.

@xplu123 ping, can you please provide the requested information?

@xplu123 - ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information.

@xplu123 - since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks