Classic confinement for termui snap

Good Morning! I’m new to Snapcraft and I’m launching a simple app, “Termui”. This application is a simple GUI to CLI development tools using Electron. I believe that the classic confinement is necessary because the program uses the “exec” functions of Nodejs and the “node-ssh” package to execute the commands of CLI programs and some commands are apparently unavailable without the classic confinement, for example the GIT. Thanks for your attention, I look forward to hearing from you.

If your snap needs to execute git it can just bundle it directly via stage-packages or similar (and the same for other dependencies) - can you please try adding this? The requirement for classic confinement is usually for snaps which need to execute arbitrary commands defined by the user or similar, and as such where it is not possible/practical to bundle every possible other command within the snap. Thanks.

Hi @tyagoy, just wanted to see if you had a chance to look into bundling git and any other executables using stage-packages? Is your set of CLI commands required for this snap small enough, that this approach would be reasonable for you?

hey @tyagoy ping, can you please provide the requested information? Thanks!

@tyagoy - since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks