Classic confinement for Raftt

Hello,

Raftt is a tool to easily manage development environments which we are about to release soon.

raftt doesn’t require root access to run.

We have two reasons to need classic confinement:

1. Allowing the user to configure arbitrary command for the tool to run - raftt allows users to configure commands to run on their local machine for gathering custom data to use in remote development environments.
  2. Accessing files in any directory the user chooses to work on (which we obviously cannot know in advance). As far as we could find, the existing interfaces does not allow that (they only allow explicitly specified paths, home directory and removable media).

Will you be able to approve our request please?

Thank you,

Or

Raftt

As per the Process for reviewing classic confinement snaps, raftt meets the requirements for classic confinement due to the need to execute arbitrary binaries and fits within the existing category for classic confinement of tools for local, non-root user driven configuration of/switching to development workspaces/environments. As such the requirements for classic confinement are understood.

@advocacy could you please perform publisher vetting?

Thanks @alexmurray. Will it be a constant approval? We don’t want to post a request for each version release.

Also, Please note that the actual publisher account is “Raftt”.

@or-raftt Can you please share the official page for the app/project?

@Igor The official page is https://raftt.io. We are currently working on our branding and will have more content in the official website soon.

Yes this is a “constant approval” - once this is granted any revision which declares confinement: classic should pass automated review (assuming any other issues are not detected).

Thanks @alexmurray.

@Igor Do you need anything more for the vetting process?

@or-raftt Can you pm me the official email for raftt please?

Sure @Igor, just did.

+1 from me, I verified the publisher.

Thanks @Igor. What’s happening now? Who should make the actual approval?

Hi @emitorino, I’ve just received a message about you rejecting our review. Could you please approve it, according to this thread?

hey @or-raftt,

Apologize for the inconveniences I have just granted the use of classic. This is now live.

Could you please either upload a new revision or request a review so the automated process can pass now? Thanks!

Thanks @emitorino, the automated review passed!

1 Like