Charmed Kafka Snap

Hi!

As part of our Data Platform activities in Canonical, we would need to create a charmed kafka snap to be used in our charmed operators (we are currently developing), where we bundle both the workload (i.e. Kafka binaries) but also other components (e.g. kafka exporter to get metrics out)

Would it be possible to create a new snap space in the snapstore?

Happy to provide any further information that is needed in the process

Cheers, Enrico

the snap-requests category is used to provide a list of desired snaps to be packaged, so the community can pick from it when someone wants to create a new snap … (its the “app wishlist” of the community) … were you probably meaning target the store-requests category instead ?

Oh, I see. Sorry for this! It was my very first post on snapcraft and I was actually a bit unsure where to open the thread.

Thanks for the guidance!

Enrico

i have moved it to store-requests, that will auto-nag @roadmr :wink:

1 Like

It’s so possible, that you can do it yourself. Do let us know if you run into trouble.

• Daniel

Hi Daniel!

Thanks for the reply and the link. I tried to create the SNAP (called “charmed-kafka-snap”), but I need some approvals, as it is a reserved name. I have submitted the request through the form provided in the process

Thanks for the help Enrico

Probably need to go for charmed-kafka as opposed to charmed-kafka-snap – otherwise people will need to snap install charmed-kafka-snap and that’s a lot of snaps to type :wink:

Yes, indeed. I was actually just talking about this with the team. suffix “snaps” sounds self-explanatory