Cant package Thonny Snap

well, i dont get why it would even try to access /home/sam/.config/Thonny while it should point to /home/sam/snap/thonny-ide/current …

what is your host system (what is the full output of `snap version) ?

screen-2023-02-28-17-58-47

Screenshot for output

using your snap from the store works equally fine here from a terminal

I am trying again with the hwe kernel ??

i run the same kernel (though at revision 60, not 58, you should update and reboot, but that should not have any impact on the ability to run your snap) …

are you sure you dont have accidentially installed another thonny version from source on your machine or some such ?

No i have recently done a timeshift snapshot backup after lxd trashed my system that is filled it with images etc…, after backup i did apt upgrade and also snap refresh, i will try a reboot

I did reboot, cleaning cache it still doesnt work…

Running it with sudo does remove the current error but gives another issue --: _tkinter.TclError: couldn’t connect to display “:0”

yeah, dont run gui apps with sudo ever :wink: it will mess up things for sure (file permissions and whatnot)

Sorry can you please check this out seem related ,any way with which i can implement this in my YAML -->https://stackoverflow.com/a/49229627/7414759

Without root also it doesnt work

try purging the snap and re-installing, running with sudo might have changed some permissions on disk in unexpected ways … and then do not run it with sudo in the future to prevent such issues …

No it still wont work, i did remove --purge and then exec$SHELL and reinstall but no it wont work…

Is this useful ?? --> https://stackoverflow.com/a/62244490

The PermissionError: [errno 13] permission denied error occurs when you try to access a file from Python without having the necessary permissions. To fix this error, use the chmod or chown command to change the permissions of the file so that the right user and/or group can access the file

useful for what exactly ? your snap from edge runs fine on two different machines for me without issues … something must be wrong on your machine/setup …

Any way i can apply this suggestions to my snap file etc. ??

to solve what exactly ?

To solve the ‘cant open thonny-ide’ error

but this is obviously not related to your snap or thonny, else it would not work totally flawless over here …

try finding out what is wrong with your system, with the way you try to run thonny or with any configuration of your machine/OS … changing code is not the solution here.