Cant get network drive connected in irfanview

I’m a beginner on linux and snap. Have installed snap on Debian and irfanview. below the snap list

snap list
Name                    Version                     Rev    Tracking       Publisher   Notes
bare                    1.0                         5      latest/stable  canonical✓  base
core                    16-2.58                     14447  latest/stable  canonical✓  core
core18                  20221212                    2667   latest/stable  canonical✓  base
gnome-3-28-1804         3.28.0-19-g98f9e67.98f9e67  161    latest/stable  canonical✓  -
gtk-common-themes       0.1-81-g442e511             1535   latest/stable  canonical✓  -
irfanview               4.59                        53     latest/stable  mmtrt       -
snapd                   2.58                        17950  latest/stable  canonical✓  snapd
wine-platform-6-stable  6.0.4                       19     latest/stable  mmtrt       -
wine-platform-runtime   v1.0                        329    latest/stable  mmtrt       -
and below the snap connections
Interface                 Plug                       Slot                                  Notes
content[gnome-3-28-1804]  irfanview:gnome-3-28-1804  gnome-3-28-1804:gnome-3-28-1804       -
content[gtk-3-themes]     irfanview:gtk-3-themes     gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes        -
content[icon-themes]      irfanview:icon-themes      gtk-common-themes:icon-themes         -
content[sound-themes]     irfanview:sound-themes     gtk-common-themes:sound-themes        -
content[wine-6-stable]    irfanview:wine-6-stable    wine-platform-6-stable:wine-6-stable  -
content[wine-runtime]     irfanview:wine-runtime     wine-platform-runtime:wine-runtime    -
desktop                   irfanview:desktop          :desktop                              -
desktop-legacy            irfanview:desktop-legacy   :desktop-legacy                       -
gsettings                 irfanview:gsettings        :gsettings                            -
home                      irfanview:home             :home                                 -
network                   irfanview:network          :network                              -
opengl                    irfanview:opengl           :opengl                               -
wayland                   irfanview:wayland          :wayland                              -
x11                       irfanview:x11              :x11                                  -

I expected that I can access my network drives from irfanview but the network does not show up. I see the network drive in Thunar (left part) but can not see the network in irfanview (right part of screenshots):

How can I get access to the files on my network drive?

Any help is much appreciated …

Try connecting snap to removable-media.

snap connect irfanview:removable-media

I added the removable-media (now shown under Plug and Slot in snap connections) but it does not change anything. No network or network drive visible when try to open file in irfanview.

I don’t think WINE might support network drives in file browsing though you could try bind mount that network drive to a folder under home path.

The removable-media interface only allows access to two directories that can hold mounted disks or network drives, these are /media and /mnt … is your network drive living under one of these paths ?

It had to learn how to mount the network drive. But now it works. Thanks for pointing in the right direction. Solved!

1 Like