Cannot publish an electron app

@lucyllewy I tried the command you suggested and It says cannot execute binary file. How might I allow Snap to execute this file?

It seems like if there is a way to allow that binary to run inside Snap, things should work. Please advise on how to give it permissions to run!

@lucyllewy @jdstrand @ogra Here is where the bundled scrot binary from electron-color-picker gets executed https://github.com/mockingbot/electron-color-picker/blob/master/source/linux/linux-scrot/index.js#L7

I wonder if instead of bundling scrot as part of that electron package, if we instead had it try to execute a system installed version, if it would work? I think the problem Snap has is we’re including this random scrot binary it does not know about, so it blocks execution, but what we have to do instead is add scrot to stage packages, and execute that one.

Does that sound correct? Is there any way to whitelist other random binaries?

Is it possible to add the bundled scrot binary to parts or something? I’m not sure how to make it able to run.

Perhaps something like this?

parts:
  scrot:
    plugin: dump
    source: app/resources/app.asar.unpacked/node_modules/electron-color-picker/library/linux/linux-scrot/scrot

Just a total shot in the dark there, not really sure how this is supposed to work.

@rwwagner90 - I suggest asking these new questions in the ‘snapcraft’ category so the right eyes are on them and you can hopefully get answers more quickly.

@jdstrand sure thing, new topic created here How to execute binaries inside a Snap app