Can someone set up guardrails for the Go snap's tracks?

Hi there,

Currently, the go snap has three tracks (1.6, 1.7, 1.8). Can someone please set up guardrail regexes so that the version of the snap matches the version of the track? I think regexes of ^1.6., ^1.7., ^1.8.* should work.

Cheers,
mwh

These have been setup, with \. for literal periods like: “^1\.8\.*”. Let us know if you encounter any issues.

Note for others, we are planning on making this self-service in the near future, in the interim feel free to ask in this forum.

1 Like

Thanks. Can you remove the final period? “1.8” is a valid version for a snap in the 1.8 track.

I’ve removed the period per your request, just keep in mind a version like 1.8134257 would also be valid.

Sigh, regexps are bad :slight_smile: How about “1.8($|.|+)”? (The + is so I can do 1.8+gitXXXX down the track).

Can you make a 1.9 track while I’ve got your attention? :slight_smile:

1.9 has been created!

I used the requested regex (with a couple of tweaks, I think you meant “^1.9($|.|+)” ) for your 1.9 track only, give it a try and if you like it I can propagate it to the other 3 tracks.

This matches for instance:

1.9+foo

but not:

and others. Remember the guardrail is just a minimal protection against mistakes like trying to push your 1.7 snap to the 1.8 track; in that sense, even the old regex would do.

Anyway, let me know if this fits the bill and we’ll update the others.

• Daniel

That looks right and yes I meant to have ^ at the start. I don’t have anything to put in the 1.9 track yet sadly, turns out beta 1 doesn’t come out until June so I was getting a bit ahead of myself there.

Rather than waiting until June, let me know if you’re happy with me putting a similar regex on the other tracks. If something goes wrong and the guardrails prevent you from doing a legitimate upload, holler and we can work on checking things. Perhaps let me know when you have a non-critical upload so we can iterate quickly :slight_smile:

Yeah, that makes sense :slight_smile: Please put the rails in place and I’ll holler if it’s breaking me (1.8.1 is coming out soonish I think).

Done; in the end they look like:

^1\.9($|\.|\+)

(note extra \ before the first dot).

Heh, they obviously get eaten by the markdown parser (I had them in my version too, honest!)

Edited, and my bad for not checking the nice preview on the right which would have allowed catching this.

Hi, so it’s time to release the 1.9beta1 snaps to the 1.9/beta channel and it turns out that the regexps we came up with are too restrictive :slight_smile:

Can we change it to ^1\.9($|\.|\+|beta|rc) instead?

This is now completed! Enjoy.

1 Like

And now can we add a 1.10 track with ^1\.10($|\.|\+|beta|rc) as the guard rail thanks?

Hi Michael,

Since the last time we created Go tracks, the procedure for requesting them has been formalized as described in https://forum.snapcraft.io/t/process-for-reviewing-aliases-auto-connections-and-track-requests. As such, we need to get some votes from reviewers/architects and have a period of a few days for those votes to be cast.

Could you please create a new thread with this request in the “store” category so we can gather the required votes and go through the waiting period?

Thanks and apologies for the extra paperwork, I appreciate your patience and help in ensuring the now-standard process is followed.

OK, done: Create 1.10 track for go

I admit I sighed a little at this.