Call for testing: Snapcraft 6.1

Snapcraft 6.1 can now be found on the candidate channel. The target date for the release to reach stable is 2022-03-24T03:00:00Z.

Full release notes can be found on https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft/releases/tag/6.1

I built okular with snapcraft 6.1 which uses the new kde-frameworks content snap. Alas it’s not very functional and the File -> Open menu item doesn’t do anything for example. So some more debugging needed here.

I can confirm the problem - might be a dbus issue:

kf.solid.backends.udisks2: Failed enumerating UDisks2 objects: “org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied”
“An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type=“method_call”, sender=”:1.635" (uid=1000 pid=4713 comm="/snap/okular/111/usr/bin/okular " l abel=“snap.okular.okular (enforce)”) interface=“org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable” member=“Introspect” error name="(unset)" requested_reply=“0” destination=“org.freedesktop.UDi sks2” (uid=0 pid=1755 comm="/usr/lib/udisks2/udisksd " label=“unconfined”)"

However, the error also shows with the stable release, where the open dialog functionality works fine. My initial estimate this is something in Okular itself or perhaps the portals.

1 Like

I see udisk2 denials too but open/save works fine on stock unreleased Ubuntu 22.04

I did some more testing of other snaps: kolourpaint: all good ktuberling: all good umbrello: all good krita 5: freezes when selecting a file to open, but it did this before okular: Open file dialogue does not show, no debug output that I can see from portals

When I am logged into an xfce desktop Krita and Okular work fine. So I conclude the two problems I’m seeing are a problem in the KDE portal implementation and not anything that should block Snapcraft 6.1.

1 Like

This release is now on the stable channel