Call for testing: Prettier

Hi there ! I’ve created a snap for Prettier, which is an awesome code formatter for JavaScript, CSS, GraphQL and Markdown. It’s published on the store in beta channel. You can install it by typing

sudo snap install prettier --beta

in command line.

It would be many thanks if you can test this snap. To view how source file(s) will be formatted, run prettier <path-to-file-or-directory> and the result will be printed to stdin. If you’re confident and want to write the result to the original files, add --write option. Now you’ll have nice and tidy code! – if not :frowning:, please report on this topic.

More information and options to play with can be found on the original documentation.

I have tested this on my Ubuntu 16.04 and 17.10 machine so far. It is not likely to cause hardware-specific errors, but anyway, the more the merrier. Any kind of reports or feedbacks are welcomed :smiley: Thanks!

3 Likes

By the way, snapcraft.yaml can be found here.

1 Like

This is very nice @sangbum, thanks!

It worked nicely for me. Now that google code-in has finished, are you still interested in helping us to finish the snapcrafters checklist for this snap?

1 Like

Snap works works for me. @sangbum It is cool! Please take a look at this PR https://github.com/BayMinimum/prettier-snap/pull/2

1 Like

@elopio Sure I do!
@omairqazi I merged it. Thanks

2 Likes