Call for testing: MuseScore v2.1.0

I’ve promoted the snap to the candidate channel:

sudo snap install musescore --channel=candidate

Thanks for creating this snap!

I use it under Ubuntu, and wanted to export to MP3 format. This requires the installation of the lame libraries, since they are missing from the snap – but I’m not sure how to do this properly (in a “controlled manner” apart from hacking them into the snap somehow.

I have the libraries installed “locally” (they work with the non-snap 2.0.3 version), which is obviously not enough. I can see that other snaps (like VLC) comes with the library installed locally to the snap.

Hey @pnoman thanks for testing and thanks for the feedback!

A new version with the LAME library included is in the candidate channel: Could you refresh it and try again?

Thanks @pachulo! The release candidate seems to fix the problem, and I can now export to MP3 (as hoped for) :slight_smile:

The snap has been promoted to the stable channel:

sudo snap install musescore

Hope you enjoy it!

When opening a file in MuseScore, I can navigate down through my home directory to find files but when I try and navigate through the snap directory, all I see is the musescore subdirectory.
I have MusicXML files generated from another snappy application under the snap directory which I would like to import into MuseScore.
It would seem that MuseScore doesn’t see the other application in the snap directory.
Is there a solution to this or is there a recommended way of importing files produced from other strict confinement snaps.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Snaps intentionally are not allowed to access each other’s data by default. The way to share data between snaps is typically via the content interface: The content interface. Alternatively, if musecore and your snap both plugs the home interface, your snap could put/export its data to somewhere in /home, then the musecore could look for the file there.

Thanks for your good work! All credits to you obviously :slight_smile: https://twitter.com/untriangle/status/925308589388042241

Would it be possible to change the Developer Website link from support at musecsore dot com to https://musescore.org/en/support ?

Thanks!

Snaps intentionally are not allowed to access each other’s data by default. The way to share data between snaps is typically via the content interface: The content interface1. Alternatively, if musecore and your snap both plugs the home interface, your snap could put/export its data to somewhere in /home, then the musecore could look for the file there.

Thanks for this answer. I was not intending to use the home interface as I understand this requires manual approval for my snap. Instead, I have created a desktop shortcut which runs a shell script which uses rsync commands to copy my output files to a directory in home. I am able to distribute this with my snap and users can copy the desktop shortcut to ~/.local/share/applications.

I’ve changed the Contact link! Thanks!

Thanks a lot! The snap is now also listed on the MuseScore download page https://musescore.org/en/download

How do I get rid of the apt-get version and replace it with the appropriate snap exactly ?

sudo apt remove musescore
sudo snap install musescore

Hi pachulo et all,

Just to inform you that MuseScore 2.2 has been released!

It would be great to see a snap for it! Let us know in case you need help. We are in the #musescore irc channel on freenode.

Could you update the snappy logo on this page? Also de-capitalize as with openSUSE? Idk who you’d get the assets from, probably @niemeyer will have them.

Hey! Thanks for the notice!
I won’t be able to take a look at it till next Monday, so if anybody wants to take a chance with it, she can start from here:

And see if there are any problems with it.

Well, the snap is updated and (barely) tested by me, so any feedback will be welcomed!