MuseScore v2.2.0 snap is now in the candidate channel for amd64 & i386 archs:

$ sudo snap install musescore --channel=candidate

Or:

$ sudo snap refresh musescore --channel=candidate

Some interfaces need to be connected manually:

$ sudo snap connect musescore:cups-control
$ sudo snap connect musescore:network-manager
$ sudo snap connect musescore:alsa

But most of the application functionality works without them.

If you’re a user of the application or even if you just want to poke at it, I’d love some help putting it through its paces! Please let me know if you run into any issues.

CJK characters not rendered properly, as the following screenshot:

Screenshot_20180403_131157

The issue is also reproduced in 2.1.0, in a slightly different fashion:

Screenshot_20180403_125708

You might want to checkout Desktop: allow access to host system fonts - snapd - snapcraft.io regarding this issue.

Hi! Thanks for the tip!
New version of the snap, using the desktop interface, is in the beta channel now, try it and let me know if it fixes the issue for you!

By the way, the code to snap musescore is in here:

1 Like

It renders correctly now, thanks for the update!

Screenshot_20180409_132631

Currently Musescore in snappy packaging doesn’t support CJK input methods, unfortunately this is much complicate AFAICT.

Refer: Bug #1580463 “Snap blocks access to system input methods (ibus, …” : Bugs : snapd package : Ubuntu

Not sure how to properly fix this.

I recently enabled ibus input in desktop-gtk* apps, and I am going to look into what is required to make it work in desktop-qt* apps too.

1 Like

This pull request should enable ibus input in Qt apps that use the snapcraft desktop helpers (successfully tested by rebuilding the musescore snap).

1 Like

The pull request was merged.
@pachulo if you rebuild the musescore snap it should pick up the changes in the desktop helpers and ibus input should now just work.

2 Likes

Compiled and uploaded to the candidate channel! Can you try it @Lin-Buo-Ren?
Thanks @oSoMoN !

1 Like

Musescore 2.2.0 promoted to stable channel!

1 Like

Uploaded the 2.2.1 version to candidate channel: as it’s a small bug-fix release I will move it to stable in a few days if now problems are reported.

I can verify that the input method works, however not for my preferred Fcitx.