Call For Testing: M.A.R.S - a ridiculous shooter

Description

M.A.R.S. - a ridiculous shooter is a 2D space shooter with awesome visual effects and attractive physics. Players can battle each other or computer controlled enemies in exciting game modes.

The Story:
In year 3547, civilizations all over the galaxy have settled their own planets, living in peace and harmony with its environment. But outside the contemplative habitats, the GREAT WAR is raging. As a famous fighter on your way to never ending honor and prosperity, you have to protect your planet from the oncoming doom of your jealous neighbours!

How to install

sudo snap install marsshooter

Requested Setups

Anything and Everything:tm:

• Ubuntu LTS or non-LTS release
  • Any non-Ubuntus you have running snap
  • VirtualBox
  • On machine with nVidia or AMD proprietary driver card
  • On machine with open source graphics drivers
  • Joysticks

Specific tests

• 3D Acceleration
  • Audio
  • Gameplay
  • Joystick if you have one

Test result

Please provide the following in your results posts:

• Description of success or failure condition.
  • Output of “snap version”
  • Link to pastebin of log when running the application from the terminal.
  • Output of “dmesg” when application is launched, which can be useful when debugging confinement issues.

success (excluding my bad play); 5 runs from menu & one from bash… no joystick but changed music level, various settings between games & explored game, tutorial etc… snap 2.28.5 snapd 2.28.5 series 16 ubuntu 16.04 kernel 4.4.0-97-generic Searching for configuration file… Found /home/$USER/snap/marsshooter/2/.marsshooter/mars.cfg Happy Gaming… AL lib: (WW) FreeDevice: (0x20f60f0) Deleting 18 Buffer(s) *-display
description: VGA compatible controller product: Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series] vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] physical id: 0 bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0 version: 00 width: 64 bits clock: 33MHz capabilities: pm pciexpress msi vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom configuration: driver=radeon latency=0 resources: irq:33 memory:e0000000-efffffff memory:f7de0000-f7dfffff ioport:dc00(size=256) memory:f7e00000-f7e1ffff // sorry if this ‘result’ is in the wrong spot :slight_smile:

Tested on 16.04 on nVidia binary driver. Seems to work fine here. What an intense game!

✓ 3D Acceleration
✓ Audio
✓Gameplay
✘ Joystick if you have one

Only thing that I tested which didn’t work was the joysick. Did you specify the joystick plug? Looks like you need to specify it and have users manually connect it to test?

Tested on 17.10 on nVidia Binary Driver. Working great, couldn’t test the joystick as i don’t have it, But couldn’t alt-tab the game in fullscreen maybe its the game fault or gnome!

oops, yes, I forgot to add the plug :slight_smile:

Tested on 17.10 with Intel graphics, Wayland session. Works perfectly!