Call for testing: leagueoflegends

Disclaimer

This snap is Devmode atm so it is posted only for testing purpose and it is only meant for development or testing at this point. As a consequence ( This snap will not refresh automatically and may perform arbitrary system changes outside of the security sandbox snaps are generally confined to,
which may put your system at risk
) and this may change in the future when this snap is fit for confinement change.

Introduction

• This snap is using the wine-platform which helps in reducing the snap size and it is using the wine-base-staging to use the latest changes released from winehq.
  • On first run of snap it will ask to select the game installer region with choices of: NA EUW EUNE BR JP LAN LAS OCE RU TR

Install

snap install leagueoflegends --edge

Feedback

Provide feedback and report the issues as they happen.

Why this snap is released as devmode?

• Because the game crashes when match starts after champ select.
  • Following denials when game crashes.
= AppArmor =
Time: Sep  5 15:25:24
Log: apparmor="DENIED" operation="ptrace" profile="snap.leagueoflegends.leagueoflegends" pid=8268 comm="LeagueClient.ex" requested_mask="trace" denied_mask="trace" peer="snap.leagueoflegends.leagueoflegends"
Ptrace: peer=snap.leagueoflegends.leagueoflegends (trace)
Suggestions:
* adjust program to not trace processes
* do nothing if program otherwise works properly

= Seccomp =
Time: Sep  5 15:26:21
Log: auid=1000 uid=1000 gid=1000 ses=1 pid=8231 comm="wineserver" exe="/snap/leagueoflegends/x11/wine-platform/wine-staging/bin/wineserver" sig=0 arch=40000003 26(ptrace) compat=1 ip=0xf7fc7fe9 code=0x50000
Syscall: ptrace

Snap source

4 Likes

Hi, I dont really understand what do you mean with the text below:

Does this mean that the game is not playable?
I’m aware that since League of Legends 8.12 (summer 2018) Riot release an anti-cheat update which was causing the game to crash on launch (see League of Legends boards: Game client anti-cheat known issues and fixes)
But I believe there is a workaround (some people in Lutris says it is working and Wine HQ LOL website says the fix is staged)

In any case, I’ve managed to install the game properly, but the game crashes before the login screen, right after champion select (the same that was happening right after Riot released the anti-cheat update).

I’m new to snap, but I’m experienced with Linux, if anyone could give me a hint I could investigate more.

Not necessarily, this only means that the snap currently can’t be put into strict confinement due to technical difficulties, refer Snap confinement for more info.

Thank you for the clarification, but I think I’ve made the wrong questions before.

Is this related with the devmode? The game is crashing to me, there is anything I can do to debug it and fix it?

Is this a log when the game crashes? How is this data useful to me?

Is this the correct forum to provide feedback and report issues?

Thank you

seems to work here
ubuntu 16.04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-gyxElQ_s

1 Like

looks like there’s an issue with slowdown when in windowed mode in your video, but that might just be WINE being a pain :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah those issues and crashes are when this was on strict confinement during my testing so this snap is on devmode you don’t need worry about these issues atm though logs posted are for dev purpose or asked about them in anycase and you can post issues here but you should post them on git-hub where snap changes are added/removed.

2 Likes

I’m not at all happy about you doing a “call for testing” for a devmode snap. If it’s devmode, it’s not ready for broader testing.

Worse, by telling people outright to install with --devmode, you’re denying them the opportunity of reading the warning,

The publisher of snap “leagueoflegends” has indicated that they do not consider this
revision to be of production quality and that it is only meant for development or testing at
this point. As a consequence this snap will not refresh automatically and may perform
arbitrary system changes outside of the security sandbox snaps are generally confined to,
which may put your system at risk.

2 Likes

Valid points should not have posted call like that sorry for the inconvenience.

Updated first post with disclaimer.

feel free to Close or Lock this thread if necessary.

Thanks

TR

1 Like

Client works really well but after the pick time is ended and game starts it’s crashes and I get bugsplat error.

Try the workaround posted in github issue.

This did not work for me. I tried even downloading trough lutris but there even LoL client does start. Right now for Fedora you snap packages is best one.

If you don’t have wine install on your system then you will need wine deps for fedora and for other distros and if you use Nvidia then install its i386 gl packages, I don’t know which packages fedora uses.

If above does not work for you then you have to setup Windows VM or Windows partition whichever you prefer to download and update game then transfer it to snap WINEPREFIX.

Well, I had problems in Fedora, even with docker and postgresSQL and decided to distro hop to ubuntu and now everything is working. The game is a bit laggy on my old laptop but good fun.

It’s worked for me with fewer problems than Windows for the last 6 months. Now with the update last week, when I open the launcher I get the message “We’re unable to log you in because you may be offline.”

Last month I got a popup alerting that Riot Games was ending support for Windows XP, which Wine is using, so that is probably related to the issue.

my launcher freezes at the start point

Recent game update broke client for many users, check the same issue posted by other users.
https://github.com/mmtrt/leagueoflegends/issues/25

Maybe wineprefix broken I had many reverts and updates to wine-platform snap could have caused issue, so try recreating fresh wineprefix also make sure you have backup you game folder then restore it after launching snap then close dialog where it asks for game region.

LOL worked yesterday, won’t today. Title graphic won’t come up. I uninstalled and reinstalled snapd and leagueoflegends, and now it asks me to choose download location, acts like it downloads the game, and then disappears.

If you have fresh install league snap edge then you have to install wine-platform snap from edge as well in order run why this because yesterday I’ve pushed a change which changes snap base from core16 to core18.

1 Like