I would like to announce a call of testing for the core18 base guvcview snap. GTK+ UVC Viewer is a simple v4l2 full-featured video grabber.
How to install
# Install the snap package
sudo snap install --channel=beta guvcview
# For capturing photo and video to `/mnt` or `/media`
sudo snap connect guvcview:removable-media
# Enable the "H264 Controls" tab, for the webcams that support H.264 hardware encoding
sudo snap connect guvcview:hardware-observe
What to test
- Can you properly launch the application?
- Can you properly capture a photo with the application?
- Can you properly capture a video with the application?
- If you have non-AMD64 hardware, can you properly launch the application on it?
- Do you notice any problems during running the application?
How to contribute
Here’s the source repository of the snap: https://github.com/Lin-Buo-Ren/guvcview-snap