Call for testing for gzdoom

As proposed by the template provided by snapcrafters, I am now posting a call for testing for my newly created snap for gzdoom.

I happily accept any recommendations or corrections!

I would also like to ask a couple of questions, now that I have your attention! :slight_smile:

1. The project uses several licenses, and some of them are not accepted/defined by snap. How should I handle this? My understanding is that most of the code is covered by GPL-3.0, so is it okay to put this as the license in the store?
  2. Is it possible to setup build-with-github with specific branches? Right now the github repo holds the ‘master’ branch, which builds a “stable” version, and a ‘git-version’ branch that build from the latest commit.

Thanks! Rasmus

1 Like

regular daily bump for testing

Hi,

Tried running it by following the instructions in https://snapcraft.io/gzdoom, but could not get it to run.
Output:

GZDoom g4.2.4 - 2019-11-02 21:34:26 +0100 - SDL version
Compiled on Dec 18 2019
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
sh: 1: kdialog: not found

Distro:

Distributor ID: neon
Description:    KDE neon User Edition 5.17
Release:        18.04
Codename:       bionic

Thanks for reporting!
I have tried adding kdialog as a stage-package and that build is available on the edge channel (x86-64/amd64 only right now). Would you mind trying to install it with

sudo snap install gzdoom --edge

and see if that works?
Thanks!

Still doesn’t work, sorry.

GZDoom g4.2.4 - 2019-11-02 21:34:26 +0100 - SDL version
Compiled on Dec 21 2019
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
gcl@evolv:~$ This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "".
Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted

I tried building it again, would you mind testing that one? :slight_smile: (On edge) Thanks again.