Call for testing: foobar2000

Can I convert audio from audio cd?

You could try and report back though keep in mind that I donā€™t have system with cdrom so I canā€™t test this directly.

I checked this and I can say that you cannot convert audio from CD and cannot copy tracks from CD into computer. Maybe you need some help with this issue?

I canā€™t write ID3 tags to my audio files on my NAS. Does the snap need explicit permissions to be able to write to files on an external storage? Iā€™m using smb://servername/folder to access the files

Sorry, a bit too quick on the trigger here - I see this was answered already:

snap connect foobar2000:removable-media

Also set up mount point for the NAS through /media/ and not through smb://

All good now.

Thank you very much, I was having an issue with foobar not being able to access my partitions / removable media and this absolutely fixed it. Very helpful!

The latest Foobar2000 update has broken the app, rendering it unresponsive. Console doesnā€™t report any errors. Anyone else experiencing this?

No such issues here though my install old. I think recent wine change to 6 from 2 days ago could have broke some thing in wineprefix.

Still unresponsive after the latest update.
When I go into winecfg I get these msgs. Could they be related to this problem?

$ foobar2000.wine winecfg
ALSA lib conf.c:3916:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default

Edit: Do you have some recommendations I could try to make it work?

Iā€™m happy to report that a complete removal and reinstall of the snap package did the trick. Now itā€™s working again.

Foobar is acting a bit strange. Regarding my last messages, Iā€™m again getting just a blank window with only the titlebar when launching Foobar2k. No errors in the console. The solution i found (except for the reinstall) was to run foobar2000 from the terminal with an audio file as parameter (maybe because it clears the old playlist?). ive not encountered this kind of issue before wine6 was introduced.

That blank issue could have caused by update that I did revert wine version to 3 but later reverted back to 6, I was testing audio issue which wine 3 fixes it but unfortunately it introduce other issue.

Regarding adding files to playlist Iā€™ve added new changes to f2k snap which should now show Enqueue in foobar2000 in right click on files/dirs using openwith. So using foobar2000 only with parameter or with openwith will replace current playlist.

if you still want to add files using terminal then do this

foobar2000 /add ~/Music/some-file.mp3
foobar2000 /add ~/Music/some-dir

Is there any way of getting Foobar2k to work with Bluetooth media controls (Headphones pause/play/volume)? Itā€™s enabled in the foobar2k settings, so it might be the something to do with wine settings or linux bt drivers?

Hello ! This adaptation is great. Thanks !

About keyboard media buttons, Iā€™m not sure everyone has the same behavior, but mine arenā€™t working in snap foobar2000, even when the player window is focused, though they work perfectly outside (with other players).
If it works for nearly everyone when itā€™s focused, then what am I missing ?
If not, any news, in three years, about the wine/snap issue around these buttons ?

Other issue (though Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the right thread for that, sorry if not) : foobar2000 will not add a library element to the playlist on a double click, though it does alright on Enter.
Known bug or am I again missing something ?

Thanks !