Build.snapcraft.io build failing due to ancient snapcraft

build.snapcraft.io used to use the snapcraft snap. However, my latest builds have started failing because it’s now using the apt package from the repo’s which is ancient.

Setting up snapcraft (2.43.1+18.04) ...
Setting up git (1:2.17.1-1ubuntu0.5) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (237-3ubuntu10.39) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.27-3ubuntu1) ...
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pylxd/model.py:116: UserWarning: Attempted to set unknown attribute "description" on instance of "Container"
  key, self.__class__.__name__
Running repo phase...
Cloning into 'ghtt'...
[14/Mar/2020:22:30:24 +0000] "CONNECT github.com:443 HTTP/1.1" 200 36952 "-" "git/2.17.1"
Running pull phase...
Issues while validating snapcraft.yaml: Additional properties are not allowed ('title' was unexpected)
Build failed

Do you have a base specified?

Yes, this is one of the failing snaps: https://github.com/IBCNServices/ghtt/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml#L8

For reference; This is the full build log: https://build.snapcraft.io/user/IBCNServices/ghtt/868729

Well that’s weird. I have no idea why that would happen. Pinging @sergiusens who might. (or indeed @wgrant who appears to be around) :smiley:

This is a bit of a mystery. Can you try requesting another build from build.snapcraft.io and see if it still happens?

I don’t know build.snapcraft.io well, but I’ve had a look at what Launchpad did on the backend. That snapcraft.yaml is correct, and I can see that LP fetched it when determining whether to use snapcraft from apt or a snap, but for some reason LP decided no base was specified (channels={"snapcraft": "apt"}). I’ve created my own version of the snap recipe on Launchpad which is configured equivalently, and it built fine on amd64.

this has been pinpointed to a new rollout done on the webfront where they are incorrectly setting the “channels” which forces the default to use the deb.

channels is set to "snapcraft,apt" which makes little sense.

2 Likes